Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 148 - May 28, 2012

Robin
As I said in one of my earlier posts, I don't always have a set plan when I bird.  And so it was today.  My original plan was to go up Middle Road Turnpike down Cat Swamp Road back to Middle Road Turnpike to Walker Road to Minortown Road and then home.

I did walk down Ash Swamp Road but then decided to go down Tuttle to Trolley Bed Road to Route 64 then head towards Bacon Pond road to Cat Swamp to Middle Town Road and dthen Home.  In total - about 7.6 miles according to my cell phone 'step counter'.  Whew!!

Male Cardinal
So what did I see?  Well, it wasn't so much what I saw during my walk but what I heard.  So without an order here's a list of what I saw/heard:

Red Eyed Vireo - heard on Tuttle Road
Wood Thrush - heard  a few of them - first one was on Cat Swamp Road
Eastern Wood-Pewee - heard on Tuttle Road
Chestnut-Sided Warbler - saw on Cat Swamp Road near "pond"...reminds me of a miniature eastern Towhee
Red-Tailed Hawk
Red-Tailed Hawk - saw on Tuttle Road
Northern Parula - saw - O&G on Bacon Pond Road

And I saw the 'regulars' - cardinals; starlings; house, song, chipping sparrows; Canada geese; mockingbirds; goldfinch; male/female wood duck; robins; bluebird; mourning doves; tree swallows; phoebe; crow and others.






DATA:  6:30-11:30am; 82F; pcloudy; humid; slight


69)  Red-Eyed Vireo
70)  Wood Thrush
71)  Eastern Wood-Pewee
72)  Chestnut-Sided Warbler
73)  Northern Parula



No comments:

Post a Comment