Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 146 - May 26, 2012 Part 1

Went to the Transfer Station here in town today and after I was finished, I went up to the upper level where I can look out and see the nesting great blue herons.  I had not been up there in a while and what a difference a few spring months make in terms of vegetation being out (and ticks as well.)

Although I did not see anything new, I was taught a lesson - "Don't leave home without your camera.  It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it!"

Birds seen:  3 tree swallows, male and female northern oriole, 1 male wood duck, 2 catbirds, 4 black vultures, 5 turkey vultures, 3 red-winged blackbirds, 3 yellow warblers, 2 robins, 4 adult great blue herons and 3 young ones!

Mammals seen:  1 beaver bringing grass to lodge

Data:  9:00-9:30am; 73F; overcast; humid; slight breeze

No comments:

Post a Comment