Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Day 128 - May 8, 2012

Since I had some time after school today, I decided to check out Trolley Bed Road - yup - even though it was raining (sure you can call me crazy lol)!

As I drove down Trolley Bed Road from Route 64, I saw 2 male BROWN-HEADED COWBIRDS!  I did not get their picture but I did take a few pics the other day at Mitchell Farm in Southbury so I posted those here instead.

I also wanted to see what kind of sandpiper has been hanging out in the pond.  So with umbrella in hand, I set up the scope and spent about 10 minutes in the rain looking for that sandpiper.  I first scanned the pond with my eyes looking for any movement and after awhile, I finally saw movement.  Checking the movement with my binocs, I determined it was a sandpiper and then I started to look at it through the scope.  It did not take long to see the distinct white eye-ring to determine that it is a solitary sandpiper!

DATA:  4:14-4:45pm; 57F; raining; overcast; slight

62)  Brown-Headed Cowbird


No comments:

Post a Comment