Monday, May 7, 2012

Day 127 - May 7, 2012

Belted Kingfisher
Belted Kingfisher
In between running errands, I stopped up on Trolley Bed Road to check on the pond and the shrubs.  When I got out of the car and headed towards the pond, I say a belted kingfisher perching on a stump.  Scanning the pond, I also saw a sandpiper but he was far enough away from me so that I could not see whether it had a distinct white circular eye-ring signifying a solitary sandpiper and I did not have my spotting scope :(
Baltimore Oriole

Baltimore Oriole
I then walked down Trolley Bed Road, with camera in hand, searching for that yellow warbler but, alas, no warbler.  On my way back to the car, I did stop to check out the tree tops and saw and got a few pictures of a male BALTIMORE ORIOLE!

DATA:  3:38-3:45pm; 70F; mostly clear; slight

 
61)  Baltimore Oriole
Baltimore Oriole


No comments:

Post a Comment