Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Day 120 - April 29, 2012 - PART 3

Jack-in-the-Pulpit
Jack-in-the-Pulpit
After leaving Whittemore, I figured I would try Trolly Bed Road one more time.  I did see a great blue heron and kingfisher besides the usuals - grackles and red-winged blackbirds.  So I decided to walk that trail to the Woodbury Reservoir.

Well, the reservoir does not look like the reservoirs I have seen such as the Hemlock and Aspetuck in the Fairfield-Easton-Monroe area.  I have no idea what the Woodbury reservoir was used as a water source but I will search for info when I have time.

Trillium
I ddi not see anything new but did see/hear:  yellow-rumped warbler, hairy and red-bellied woodpeckers, 2 kingfishers, male and female wood ducks, and chickadees.

So, overall, it was a good day of birding.  I have also added some plant pictures from Whittemore here.

DATA: WHITTEMORE:  9:10-12:40pm; 48F-58F; clear; slight

           RESERVOIR AREA: 12:45-2:10pm; 58F; clear; slight

BIRDS:  48)  Pileated Woodpecker
              49)  Eastern Towhee
              50)  Hermit Thrush
              51)  Common Yellowthroat
              52)  Ruby-Crowned Kinglet

No comments:

Post a Comment