Saturday, January 7, 2012

Day 7 - January 7, 2012

While getting trash and recyclables ready to take to the Transfer Station 1t 10:20am, I took a few minutes to look at the birds at my feeder and on the trees. I noticed a small cylindrical looking birds moving up, down, and around a limb of our oak tree - displaying typical nuthatch behavior. So I grabbed binocs out of car and observed bird some more. It was moving around very quickly but I did happen to catch a black line going from bill to back of head where the eye would be. So I am hoping this might be a red-breasted nuthatch. I have seen them at feeders before so I will continue to keep an eyes out to get positive ID.

While I was at the Transfer Station, I decided to drive up to the upper area where I saw the Kingfisher while doing the Woodbury Christmas Bird Count in December. But when I got to the area and looked down at the water, the water was frozen and since a kingfisher cannot catch fish through ice, I will have to go back when we get a few days of warmer temps and try again.

No comments:

Post a Comment