Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 28 - January 28, 2012

Well, yesterday was a rainy day and today is a busy one, so no organized birding today.  But I did took a quick ride up to the Lake Quassapaug Sportsmen Club area to see if I can find any kind of duck there.  In December, during the Audubon Christmas Bird Count, I did see a ringed-neck duck and I was hoping for something like that today.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, Woodbury does not have a lot of large open fresh water areas and the Sportsmen Club, although fresh, is not big.  So it was a chance to begin with.

I got to the LQSC at 11:03 am with clear skies and a temperature of 39F, and as luck would have it, the water was frozen over.  Oh well, maybe it will thaw in a few weeks and I can still get some waterfowl there.

Then on the way home, I decided  to drive down Trolley Bed Road and all I saw was the mockingbird that was there a few days ago.

Can't win them all....

2 comments: