Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 20 - January 20, 2012

I wanted to try and see if I could find those Savannah Sparrows from yesterday.  So today, I decided to first go up River Road in Southbury to see what might be on the Housatonic River even though I know those birds would not be counted toward my Big Year. 

ON the Housatonic were 2 Mute Swans, 1 female Common Merganser, and a Greater Black-Backed Gull.  I also saw 7 Bluebirds on the Mitchell Farm property.  This was all from 3:12-3:30pm with the  temperature at 28F under clear calm skies.

I arrived at the spot whee I saw the Savannah Sparrows the day before at 3:45pm.  However, after spending 9 minutes looking for them, I did not see them or for that matter, any bird at all.  The wind was gusty which might have been the reason.

Oh well, that's birding for you.

So, count still stays at 27 for year.

No comments:

Post a Comment