Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 97 - April 6, 2012 Part 2

Yellow Rumped Warbler
 I continued to walk around the lower field to see what I could find.  What I saw, in terms of birds, I have seen already this year until I got the graveled parking lot near the tennis courts.  There I saw another warbler - a Yellow-Rumped Warbler.  Judging from its color - or lack of yellow on its throat - I would say it is a young male.  But the bird seemed to pose for me as I took pictures of it showing off its yellow rump! 
Yellow Rumped Warbler
Red-Tailed Hawk
 Besides the two warblers, I also saw a Red-Tailed Hawk being chased by a few crows, Turkey Vulture, Song Sparrows, Juncos, Titmouse, Chickadees, female Bluebird, and heard a White-Throated Sparrow.



Horse Close Up

 Not bad for what started out to be just a stroll.


Horses
  
Cow
Data:  1:00 - 2:45pm; 50F; sunny; calm.slight/gusts

42)  Palm Warbler
43)  Yellow-Rumped Warbler

No comments:

Post a Comment