Saturday, April 7, 2012

Day 97 - April 6, 2012 Part 1

What I thought was going to be a little stroll to get out of the house and take a break from grading, turned out to be a very productive hike.  I decided to go over to Nonnewaug High School and see what I can find - but I also brought my camera in case I did see something.

Common Mergansers
Mallards
My stroll started with a Robin and two male Cardinals.  I did not see anything else until I got down by the River that runs near the sports fields.  That's where/when I saw a male and female Common Merganser swimming back and forth in the River. I also saw a male and female Mallard swimming in the same River a little further up stream from the Mergs.

It was along the River that a bird caught my eye.  I saw it flying around into a bush and caught the sight of yellow on the bird's breast which quickly made me think - warbler!  And sure enough, the bird stopped long enough from its activities to let me see that it was a Palm Warbler and allow me to take a few shots of it.  And it is a new bird for my Big Year! 



No comments:

Post a Comment