Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 115 - April 24, 2012

Male Wood Duck w/ Hoodie in back
I hope I will never stop being amazed with nature and Birding.  The other day I saw a male and female Hooded Merganser in the pond on Trolley Bed Road but I did not have my camera with me.  So today I decided to go back to that pond with my camera so I can take pictures of the Hoodies.

While I scanned the pond with my binoculars for the Hoodies I was pleasantly surprised to see a male and female Wood Duck in the pond - bird #47!  I took a few pictures but the male Wood Duck was too far to get a good shot of it but I am posting one here anyways.


Downy Woodpecker
 Besides the Hoodie and Woodies, I also saw Grackles, Starlings, Red-Winged Blackbirds, 2 Turkey Vultures, a Canada Goose, a Red-Shouldered Hawk, a Downy Woodpecker and a Mockingbird.

Not bad for a pleasant surprise.

DATA:  3:45-4:05pm; 59F; overcast; slight

47) Wood Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment