Saturday, February 18, 2012

Day 49 - February 18, 2012

Bluebird
Downy Woodpecker & Nuthatch
WB Nuthatch in Flight
I got up this morning and loaded the hopper feeder and placed a suet cake into the suet cage.  I then went back into the house and set up the tripod and camera which I focused onto the hopper feeder and locked it into place so it would be ready to take pictures of feathered visitors on day 2 of the Great Backyard Bird Count.  Of course, I forgot to add water to the bird bath - will remember to do that for tomorrow.

Tufted Titmouse in Flight
In terms of my Big Year, I got a new one today.  While taking the recyclables to the Transfer Station, I saw House Sparrows.  At first I just said to myself, "Huh, oh house sparrows."  But then I realized I had not seen them yet this year (hard to believe after 49 day, you'd think I would have seen one) and then I said, "Wow! House Sparrow! New Bird!"
Male Cardinal & Chickadee
Male  Cardinal










Data:  10:44 am; 45F; clear; calm

 
32)  House Sparrow

.

No comments:

Post a Comment