Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 90 - March 30, 2012

Although this post has nothing to do with seeing any birds, it does relate to birds.

For many years, I have been using EXCEL to keep track of the birds I see in a year as well as a life-list.  I try to keep many copies on the school's laptop as well as my own desktop computer.  However, things don;t work out like you plan sometimes.

The laptop had to be wiped clean and then have Windows put back on it in order to solve problems it was having.  Even though the Tech people backed up my files, it seems that the laptop was not saving things correctly for awhile.  So my EXCEL list for my 2012 sightings on goes from Jan. 1st to Jan 16th of this year.  Even the copies I saved on desktop only go up to Jan. 16th - go figure!

But using my data from this blog and the data I sent to eBird, I think I have most, maybe not every sighting from this year.  Just goes to show - back up often, use eBird, and have multiple  copies of your data.




No comments:

Post a Comment