Wednesday, March 21, 2012

DAY 80 - March 20, 2012

After checking the wetlands area on Trolley Bed Road today after school (many red-winged blackbirds), I decided to drive further up Old Sherman Hill Road to see what was there.  As I drove up Old Sherman Hill Road, I saw a pond on the left side of the road behind a house.  I stopped the car in the middle of the road, after checking for on-coming cars in my rear view mirror - of course, and saw ducks in the pond.  I realized I needed to take a better look so I drove up a bit to a spot where I could park off the road.  I got out of my car with my binocs and went to check out the pond.  It did not take me long to realize they were Ringed-necked Ducks and that they would be another addition to my Big Year!  However, I did not have my camera with me and, besides, they were too far out to get a reasonable picture anyhow - maybe another time.

DATA:   4:19pm; 76F; clear; slight

37)  Ring-necked Duck (5; 3 males, 2 females)



No comments:

Post a Comment