Friday, October 19, 2012

September 8 - Day 251

Decided to see what was in the wetland area on Trolley Bed Road.  Last year  I saw a green heron there but so far not this year and fall was approaching.  And then again, I have learned to know anything can happen.  So off I went.

When I got there, I quickly saw the 'resident' great blue heron and then started to look around the edges for anything else that might be hunting in the pond.  After looking for a few minutes, I finally saw a Green Heron walking near the edge before it flew off to a more secluded spot in the pond.

So besides the two herons I saw:  30+ starlings, male and female ruby-throated hummingbirds, 6 goldfinches, 3 blue jays, 3 crows, 3 mallards, male red-winged blackbird, a flicker, a female downy woodpecker, and a turkey vulture.

DATA:  3:30-3:55 pm; 79F; overcast with some sun; breezy

Later on that day while at home working on school work, I looked out the window at the feeder and saw a Purple Finch eating at the feeder.

DATA: 5:48pm;  75F; clear; slight wind

87)  Green Heron
88)  Purple Finch

No comments:

Post a Comment