Saturday, October 13, 2012

September 2, 2012 - Day 245

Great Blue Heron
Phoebe
Went to 3 Rivers Park that day to see what might be there since I had not been there in a while.  I did noticed that this year there were no corn stalks like there were last year about this time when I went there.

I did not see anything new to add to my Big Year but did see the following:

crow (2), cardinal (heard), titmouse, mallards (2 f), mourning dove, Canada goose (7), goldfinch (3), chickadee (2), kingfisher (heard), great blue heron, song sparrow, catbird (4), phoebe, house wren.

DATA:  9:55-11:40 am; 72F; cloudy/mostly cloudy; slight/breezy


butterfly
I then walked across the street to the field and saw bluejay (2), mourning dove, and catbird (2)

DATA:  11:45-11:54 am


Then I decided to see what was at  the old trolley trail behind what used to be the golf driving range and Corey's. 
Broad-winged Hawk

Broad-winged Hawk
I heard a chickadee and goldfinch and saw a titmouse, 3 catbirds, and 3 cardinals (m, f, and 1 immature) and also saw a Broad-winged Hawk - a bird for my Big Year!

DATA:  12:04-12:50pm; 78F; mostly cloudy; calm

86)  Broad-winged Hawk




No comments:

Post a Comment